Team Meat, the team behind the controller-throwing game Super Meat Boy has just announced they will be porting Super Meat Boy to touch devices via their twitter. Here’s what we know so far, from the two man team on Twitter.
- This prototype will not play like SMB!
- It will be a re-envisioning of SMB remade from scratch for touch. We aren’t half assing this if it turns out to be fun.
- if you liked SMB I’m sure you will enjoy this (if it’s good enough to continue on) we just had a few cool ideas and wanted a challenge
- If it turns out it sucks, we will act like it never happened and move on to the next idea
- It won’t be a simple game like “doodle jump” it will be a larger more traditional game. IT WON’T CONTROL LIKE SMB!!! We promise you we won’t make a game with shitty touch controls.
What does this mean for you? Well, Super Meat Boy is coming to mobile! The controls will be good and it won’t control like Super Meat Boy does. From what I can gather, it might not even be Super Meat Boy as we know it. It may just be him in a different setting.
What we do know is that Team Meat is an extremely capable developer. Super Meat Boy is one of the most challenging games their is and fans love it.
Only time will tell and we hear at LevelSave will keep you updated through it all. Check back for more info as it becomes available.