Welcome to Checkpoint, a segment from the authors here at LevelSave designed to quickly let you know what is on our minds, how we are reacting to current news and trends, and some looks into content coming soon from LevelSave.com.
February 22, 2017
We have been focusing on Nintendo a little too much lately. What is the rest of the industry up to?
- Horizon Zero Dawn reviews have been pouring out and it looks like the game is a hit. Currently sitting at a solid 88 on Metacritic, Horizon is the top rated game so far this year.
- New Playstation Store sales! Yay!
- The Pokemon Company is holding a ton of events spanning the franchises various games, movies and TV shows for its 21st birthday. You can see a full list of the events here.
- Microsoft has announced which games will be free for Games With Gold in March. Layers of Fear and Evolve will be available for Xbox One while Borderlands 2 and Heavy Weapon will be available for Xbox 360. In addition to Layers of Fear and Evolve, Xbox One owners will be able to play Borderlands 2 and Heavy Weapon through backwards compatibility.
- Cellar Door Games, the creators of Rogue Legacy, announced their new game this week. Full Metal Furies will launch sometime in 2017 on Xbox One and PC with Xbox Play Anywhere support. More info can be found on the games official website.
- Weird news of the week: Nintendo Partners with John Cena to promote their new console.
I just want to say how pumped I am for Full Metal Furies. I spent hundreds of hours playing Rogue Legacy on PS4 and Vita trying to earn the platinum trophy. Cellar Door Games earned more than enough trust with Rogue Legacy for me to blindly buy anything else they release. Full Metal Furies can’t come soon enough.
Would you like to save?