I could tell you about The Last of Us. Or you could watch the video for yourself. The following video is beat for beat the demo that was shown at PAX prime this year. However, there are a few minute things in this video to pay attention to besides the lush environments. If you notice a couple more, let us know in the comments.
- There was mention of “Clickers,” quite possibly referring to the zombies.
- When Joel heals himself, the bandage stays on.
- A great deal of actions seem to be bound to the triangle button.
- There were a few moments where you could see a sprint animation.
- The spot on the wall where the Molotov was thrown continues to burn, not just a nondescript area, but where the bottle landed.
- There is a recliner in the elevator for some reason.
During the PAX demo the team also spoke of a system they are working on implementing into the game, called the “Balance of Power AI.” Which effectively means Naughty Dog is making an AI system that is smart enough to read you, just like you would read it. Based on your actions the AI will adjust to display many more techniques than your typical “attack, do not attack” fare. Whether or not it will come to fruition, or even mean anything radically different, is yet to be seen. One thing is for sure, I am excited, very excited.