We have seen a lot of screenshots and teaser trailers from The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing and now we are getting a chance to finally see what the vaunted son of Van Helsing can really do. Coming to PC and XBLA players will be thrust into the shoes of a monster-hunter who will fight from the Metropolis all the way into the Gothic Wilderness.
Now we are getting a chance to see gameplay for the very first time and this top-down RPG looks to have all the goods. Throughout the short trailer we are treated to our monster-hunter running through enemies using a mixture of sword, pistol and arcane abilities. Van Helsing certainly shows that he possesses the power to challenge the most fearsome creatures that this new evil has to offer, but will that be enough?
The team over at Neocore Games promises Van Helsing will deliver in a multitude of ways, including:
- Enter a memorable gothic-noir universe filled with monsters, magic, and weird science
- Play through a refreshingly unique story, spiced up with wry humor, and snappy dialogue
- Fight fierce battles against supernatural foes with diverse skills and abilities
- Customize their characters through a detailed level-up system where they decide which skills and abilities they’ll need for the hunt
- Use the special abilities and tailor the skills of a very remarkable follower
- Modify their skills on the spot with a unique power-up system
- Learn the secrets of mystical alchemy and forge powerful items
- Build and develop their hideout and place traps to defend it from waves of terrible monsters
- Gather the members of the Resistance and decorate the hunter’s lair with valuable trophies
- Become the greatest monster slayer of all time while playing a cooperative multiplayer monster hunt up to four players
Check out all the information LevelSave has to offer on The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing below